COPE is an acronym for commercial property rating and underwriting that stands for: Construction, Occupancy, Protection, and Exposure. This course will enable the student to properly rate a property risk as well as evaluate the overall property condition from an underwriting perspective.
- Properly identifying the construction rating class of a building
- How to determine common commercial roof types for rating
- What materials inside a building make a risk more or less susceptible to a fire loss
- How different occupancy types effect fire susceptibility
- Identifying public fire protection classes and how this effects rating and underwriting
- How insureds can mitigate fire hazards by adopting appropriate internal fire protection systems
- How to recognize and evaluate the external exposures surrounding a subject risk
- Course will cover particular property hazard considerations including: older buildings, multi-structure premises, HVAC and boiler issues, and habitational risks.
2 hours CE Credits available for CA and CO only.
****This course lasts 2 consecutive hours*******