The student will explore in detail Cyber Liability, the different types of cyber-attacks, and the coverages needed to insure cyber exposures properly. Underwriting principles for each of these coverages are reviewed, as well as information on the application process.
- Defining cyber insurance and describing its scope and categories
- Discussion of the distinctions between First-Party Coverage and Third-Party Coverage
- Exploration of an Extortion Attack
- The elements of Crisis Management coverage
- The role of Regulatory Coverage
- Network Security Liability
- CyberMedia Liability
- Types of Cyber Crime: Phishing, Ransomware, Breached Cloud Provider, Pharming, and more
- How to estimate an insured’s potential cyber exposure
- Current trends in Cyber-attacks and claims
- Selling Cyber Insurance in today’s market
- Applying for quotes with cyber insurance providers
Particular topics covered include:
3 hours CE Credits available for CA, CO, ID, IA, MO, UT, VT, VA, and WY only.
****This course lasts 3 consecutive hours*******