All courses are scheduled Mountain Standard Time.
Interested in taking this course? Let Us know!
Register your interest now
(CE AVAILABLE IN: AZ, CA, CO, GA, ID, IL, IA, KS, MO, NE, ND, TN, WA)
The student will review a hypothetical claims scenario and learn best practices for claims handling and how to prevent Errors and Omissions claims.
Particular subjects addressed include:
- What critical things to say and NOT say when a client calls in with a claim
- What to do when multiple policies potentially cover a claim
- How to respond to third parties contacting you for information
- Procedures to have in place for handling claims
- Criteria for when to involve your E&O carrier
- How to take a loss notice
- Proper documentation of a claim
- Dealing with policy and coverage issues after a claim is reported
- Reservation of Rights letters
- Overview of an insurance producer's E&O policy
- The most common examples of insurance E&O claims are covered
- Best practices to prevent E&O claims
*This course lasts 2 consecutive hours.