This course lasts 2 consecutive hours.
COPE is an acronym for commercial property rating and underwriting that stands for: Construction, Occupancy, Protection, and Exposure.
This course will enable the student to properly rate a property risk as well as evaluate the overall property condition from an underwriting perspective.
- Properly identifying the construction rating class of a building
- How to determine common commercial roof types for rating
- What material inside a building make a risk more or less susceptible to a fire loss
- How different occupancy types effect fire susceptibility
- Identifying public fire protection classes and how this effects rating and underwriting
- How insureds can mitigate fire hazards by adopting appropriate internal fire protection systems
- How to recognize and evaluate the external exposures surrounding a subject risk
- Course will cover particular property hazard considerations including: older buildings, multi-structure premises, HVAC and boiler issues, and habitational risks.
*This is a 2 hour course.